REPLACEMENT OF CRYSTALLINE LENSES
Crystalline lens replacement is indicated for the following patients:
- Persons with myopia and hypermetropy (high or average degree);
- Persons with presbyopia (age-associated hypermetropy);
- Persons having contraindications to laser correction.
A procedure for the crystalline lens replacement is called lensectomy.
It is targeted at emulsifying a transparent crystalline lens using an ultrasound device followed by the emulsion easy removal from the eye. After that, a new crystalline lens of a definite optic power is introduced. The patient’s sense of vision becomes good.
SPECIFIC FEATURES OF REFRACTION LEMSECTOMY MADE AT OPTIMED:
- A procedure is carried out in the single day mode without hospitalization;
- No sutures and no pain;
- No anesthesia;
- Via a 2.0 mm micropuncture;
- Quickly: a procedure does not last more than 10 – 15 minutes;
- Disposable, up-to-date medical instruments are applied.
What artificial crystalline lens models OPTIMED recommends
The selection of an implanted crystalline lens is an important task. The patient’s sense of vision quality depends on the crystalline lens specific characteristics to a large extent.
A team of professionals from OPTIMED has assessed numerous intraocular lenses at the market and has selected those that can be considered the best and reliable.
ALCON (USA), a world leader in ophthalmologic equipment and medical products production and an OPTIMED’s partner developed a unique material AcrySof. The material is used for soft intraocular lenses demonstrating excellent results when implanted.
A wide choice of ALCON’s artificial crystalline lens is presented at OPTIMED:
- from AcrySof IQ crystalline lenses provided a yellow filter protecting the retina reliably;
- to AcrySof IQ Toric, IQ RESTOR, and ART artificial crystalline lenses of the premium class.
ALCON’s up-to-date crystalline lenses of the premium class allow reject wearing eyeglasses due to ensuring good sense of vision both near and far away like an original crystalline lens.
Crystalline lens replacement at OPTIMED (Minsk) makes possible seeing everything in color and in details.
Cost of a crystalline lens replacement at OPTIMED